Saturday, July 2, 2011

Woods Photoshoot





Collaborative Photoshoot
Alea Mayfield
Christine Skelly


Our first collaborative photoshoot together took Alea Mayfield and myself into the woods of Yorktown where the light was warm but scarce, and where the mosquitoes came and left their love marks on us. Despite the infestation encouraging us to leave and the light fleeting from our afternoon into twilight shoot very quickly, we managed to take several pictures each and end up with some very nice portraits.

It was on this shoot that I taught my dear friend what shutter speed and aperture did and how they were far superior to point and shoot technology. She seemed to capture some excellent shots if I do say so myself. The first one below is one I positively love.

My role was to take a few posed portraits of Alea and perhaps a few candids that would show her off without being overly glamorous or cheesy. We found a balance that worked and I shot her in some really warm light that brought out her smile. Here are the results, so do enjoy and if you have any questions or comments, leave them below!



I adore the grain of this photo, the soft texture steals my heart away.
Taken by Alea Mayfield on 19June 2011


A quiet day in the woods.
Taken by Alea Mayfield on 19June 2011



Alea Mayfield, Yorktown Beauty
Photo Taken by Christine Skelly
on 19June2011


Eat Your Heart Out
Photo Taken by Christine Skelly
on 19June2011



Softly, Sweetly.
Photo Taken by Christine Skelly on 19June2011

No comments:

Post a Comment